Epson Ultra Short Throw Projector EB-685W
Designed for today’s BYOD classroom, the Epson EB-600 series takes classroom collaboration further. Offering 3x Higher Colour Brightness1 than competitive models, Epson® 3LCD projectors and displays ensure bright, vivid images. It features optional wireless functionality (module sold separately) and advanced connectivity, so teachers can easily share content from multiple student devices, including Chromebooks — up to four at once with Moderator software2. Plus, its lamp lasts up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode.
- 3 x Brighter Colours and reliable performance– 3LCD, 3-Chip Technology. Look for both high colour brightness and high white brightness
- Bright Images– 3,500 lumens colour/white brightness
- Amazing images– WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) and 16:10 format
- Ultra-short throw presentation display– get a 100″ image from as little as 28cm away with virtually no shadow interference
- Simultaneously display and control multiple device screens– wirelessly share content from up to four devices2, including Chromebooks, with Moderator software (requires optional wireless module)
- Manage your display and send announcements remotely – easy network connectivity; software included
- Versatile connectivity– 3x HDMI® supports multiple high-definition A/V devices, with MHL® support
- Powerful sound to engage every student– built-in 16 W speaker and microphone input; or, use external speakers, even in Standby Mode
- 10,000Hr maintenance cycle– the lamp and filter lasts up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode
All Epson projectors are based on 3-chip LCD technology for amazing colour, incredible detail and solid reliability. 3LCD’s 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary colour – red, green and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers colour sequentially, you get full-time colour. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD’s true-to-life colour.
Up to 3x Brighter with Epson Projectors*
Epson projectors use 3LCD Engines that have no colour wheel with a white segment and therefore don’t force a tradeoff between white and colour brightness.
In fact, Epson projectors have up to 3x Brighter Colours than their leading competitive 1-chip DLP projectors*. If you are looking for business and education projectors or 720p home entertainment projectors, know that choosing Epson projectors means up to 3x brighter colours. If you are looking for 1080p home entertainment projectors, you consistently get 2x and up to 3x Brighter Colours than competitor 1-chip DLP projectors*.
All Epson projectors list both White Brightness and Colour Brightness specifications, and all have high Colour Brightness.
* Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Colour brightness (colour light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Colour brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
With brightness up to 3,500 lumens, the screen is easily viewed from anywhere in the classroom, even without dimming the lights.
Epson iProjection™ via optional wireless dongle
Epson iProjection is the wireless display solution for today’s BYOD classrooms. With true multi-platform support, students can wirelessly display content from Chromebooks, PCs and Mac® computers, as well as iOS and Android devices.
When used in conjunction with Epson Multi-PC projection plus Moderator device management software4, up to 50 users can connect to the projector simultaneously, displaying content from as many as four at a time. It’s the perfect tool for displaying a variety of content — or for comparing students’ work side by side.
Networking features that take teaching to the next level
- Manage up to 1,024 Epson networked displays using the included EasyMP®Monitor software or Crestron RoomView® — saves time and money
- Update display firmware in-house via the network, a USB cable, or a USB flash drive — eliminates the need for external service centre repairs; saves time and money
- Send updates or announcements remotely to up to 1,024 Epson networked displays using the Message Broadcasting plug-in for EasyMP Monitor
- Connect your display to an access point to share it with the entire class, without running more cables
5Depending on your MHL device, charging may not be supported
Easily conserve power
Epson delivers a number of features aimed towards conserving power and delivering top performance:
- ECO Mode — operates the display in a lower brightness setting
- Light Optimizer Mode® — adjusts the lamp brightness, based on the projected image
- Auto Mode — sensor automatically adjusts the lamp brightness, based on the room environment
- Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) — control your presentation; it’s right at your fingertips
- Direct Power Off/On — power the display on/off with the flip of a wall switch
- Standby audio — use the display’s internal speakers or continue to pass audio out to an external speaker, even when the display is “off” (in Standby Mode)
Easy installation and maintenance
Easy Setup Options
Epson displays offer a suite of innovative features that ensure flexible placement and fast, easy setup:
3x HDMI — supports multiple high-definition A/V devices. Compatible with the latest laptops, Blu-Ray Disc® and media players
MHL — the latest in connectivity
- Display content from your MHL-enabled smartphones, tablets and streaming devices
- Use the display remote to control MHL-enabled devices
- Charge your MHL-enabled device when it’s plugged into the display5
- Offers instant access to movies, games and more
Quick Corner® — this innovative feature allows you to move any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust each corner for a perfectly rectangular picture
Advanced 3-in-1 USB Plug’n Play instant setup — instantly project audio and video from a PC or Mac via a USB connection
Quick, convenient control — Instant Off® means no cool-down time required; it’s ready to shut down when you are
Copy menu settings for multiple display installations — save on installation time; copy settings via a USB flash drive, USB cable or LAN
- Main projector unit
- 5m power cable
- Remote control (inc. 2 AA batteries)
- Feet for main unit
- Password protect sticker
- Wall mount ELPMB62
- 3 years
Epson products are designed and made to give highly reliable use and long life when used according to its specifications. With any system, product or device used in situations where human life may be involved or at risk, Epson advises that you should take all necessary steps to ensure the suitability of your Epson product for inclusion in your system, and recommends that you include fail-safe procedures and redundancy support or backup equipment in your system, to maintain the maximum safety margin and optimum system reliability. Examples include but are not limited to – do not interfere with any electrical components within the device, do not use items supplied with the product for purposes other than as intended by Epson (ie mains cords, inks, CDs, plastic wrapping) and do not make modifications to the product.